Critic's Corner

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Top Hat

Last night I was flipping through the channels- Monday night television is such crap lately. I flipped the through the channels until I got to AMC. What was on, but a movie I had never seen before- Top Hat with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. They were showing it with the other 3 movies that are coming out in the box set this morning.

How can anyone not love this movie?? It has everything- humor, music, dancing, witty dialogue, a fun plot, and a happy ending.

Ginger Rogers meets Fred Astaire when she is staying in the hotel room below his and is kept awake by his dancing. She goes upstairs to ask him to stop and he falls in love with her at first sight. Then, after a case of mistaken identity, hilarity ensues.

How much fun this movie must have been to make. And the dress Ginger Rogers got to wear during the “I’m In Heaven” routine. (I want that dress!!)

For the woman- the kiss; for the man, the sword!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home