Critic's Corner

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Garden State

I know... I know... I can't shut the hell up about this movie.

See the trailer: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/garden_state/trailers.php

Anyway, I wasn't able to watch any movies last night because of Scrubs and the VP debates and then... Nip/Tuck- which was a VERY f-ed up episode. Ava is a MAN??? Whoa, daddy...

So today I was checking to see if Garden State had a release date, and apparently, the very talented Zach Braff is trying to get the date pushed up to the Tuesday before Christmas as opposed to the Tuesday after. Smart move!

I've had Frou Frou's song in my head for the past 3 days.

<So let go... let go... jump in...>

It seems to be haunting me. I cannot even watch the trailer to this movie without tears creeping up into my eyes. It can't be hormonal... I don't know what it is.

Saturday I will be 32 years old; I thought when I was a young girl that I'd be in Hollywood by now. Instead, I'm stuck in this job and playing a retarded girl in the "school play". I shouldn't complain- it's better than no work at all. But I can't help but think as I round the bend to yet another birthday that something is missing. And I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Perhaps it has something to do with the connection I feel to this movie. A shattered relationship with my dad, the feeling of a struggle and not making it, the feeling that I may be wasting time, yet not wanting to rush things and second guessing myself in every move I make...

I guess some people get it and some people don't. All I know is that this must be what purgatory is like. Limbo. Waiting. Knowing neither where to go from here nor how to get there. Anticipation should be enough to get anyone through. So why isn't it??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home