Critic's Corner

Monday, August 29, 2005

The 40 Year Old Virgin

This weekend, we went to see this movie and it was really very funny. Aside from the fact that I actually know a 40 year old virgin (okay- he's 36, but still...) - who, I imagine, is probably the same as the character that Steve Carrell plays, I doubt that the one I know's life is half as funny as this movie. Although, he'd like to think so, as is evident by the thousands of joke emails he sends me a month.

Anyway- the movie was clever, and for once the trailer didn't spoil all of the good scenes. I would think that this is mostly due to the good scenes being WAY too racy for trailers. And, of course, there were the gross parts too- vomiting and whatnot, and parts that were funny as well as gross- like the part where he pees on himself.

Even though The Office's Steve Carrell was the star, Romany Malco and Paul Rudd really stole the show. Paul Rudd with his obsessive demeanor about his ex and almost every line Romany Malco had left me in tears.

Although the movie got a little slow for a bit there, it was worth it in all. A good mindless comedy.

3 Comments:

  • I'm totally gonna see the movie later on. I hear it's really funny.
    I know a 30 year old virgin myself. Complete with video game action figures on his wall and everything, and trust me, this guy ISN'T funny. : )

    By Blogger ..., at 1:57 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Persona, at 11:01 AM  

  • Oh my god the hindu old guy was great. He had me pissing my pants laughing.

    Hello? Is it me you're looking for?

    By Blogger Susan, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home