Critic's Corner

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Rumor Has It...

Believe it or not, friends, Susan actually went to a Kevin Costner movie without having to be dragged kicking and screaming.

Jennifer Aniston is so beautiful. It makes me sick.

I give this movie a "really quite funny". I laughed out loud many times. I also can't remember the last time I said "Oh for crying out loud" so many times. The girls in Mena Suvari's wedding party were SO over the top, you couldn't help but sypathize with the plight of Jennifer Aniston's character. I swear, if I was ever in a wedding with a group of people like that I would want to die too.

Wait a minute... I think I was. Thank christ the writers didn't make us sit through the bridal shower. Ugh.

Anyway, I really connected with Aniston's character. She was just scared and needed to get to the point in her life where she was comfortable with her past, present, and future. But the main thing here is that just because you feel that you are different from your family doesn't mean that you're not a part of them. I mean, when it comes to how traditional weddings need to be, on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the highest, my older sister would be a 12- just like Mena Suvari. My younger sister would be a 5. I don't even think that I'm on the scale, very much like Aniston's character.

To say the least, it is a very funny movie. Shirley McClain was SO superb. We laughed and laughed- and even if you've never seen The Graduate (and shame on you if you haven't) you can still appreciate this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home