Critic's Corner

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Cecil B Demented

Could Cecil B Demented Cecil B the worst movie ever made? Very quite possibly. Let me tell you something about this movie. This is a bad movie making fun of (what else?) bad movies. It is SO John Waters and I don't know why I bothered. This Comedy Central pile of garbage couldn't even make it to network television. BUT IF by the grace of God, IT DID, as soon as the commercial came on, America would change the channel. And they could turn to the paint-dry channel where you do nothing but watch paint dry 24 hours a day and it would be a compelling masterpiece compared to this pile of garbage.

Obviously, I did get the references. I'm not a cinematic fool. They just weren't funny!!!! I mean, Patti Hearst being the mom of a boy with Stockholm Syndrome. Nice touch. A bad actress regarded as the best actress ever. Kevin Nealon as Forrest Gump.

I'm sure that this movie has some kind of cult following. And I'm sure it's something along the lines of that god-awful Rocky Horror and the people who watch that thing every Halloween at the corner cinema at midnight. But I thought it was horrible.

Every time someone in the movie picked up a gun, I secretly wished that a bullet would come through the TV screen and hit me.

That was the longest 88 minutes of my week. Even the last 88 minutes of the day at work went faster than those. Horrible horrible horrible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home