Critic's Corner

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Shrek 2 and Crimson Tide

Shrek 2

Meh... it was okay. Not a horrible movie, but certainly not as good as the original. Puss in Boots was funny, and the plot was cute. It's definitely a movie for the family. I swear I thought it was Emma Thompson as the Fairy Godmother- but apparently it was Jennifer Saunders.

No matter, though. It was a pretty good movie overall. You kind of need to know the original story to really know what's going on. But, yes, I would recommend it.

Crimson Tide

Denzel Washington and Gene Hackman star in this movie about the nuclear subs the Russians used to have ready to attack us, and in turn, the subs we deployed to keep check on them. Quite a few up-and-comers were in it too- Steve Zahn, George Dzunda, Viggo Mortensen, and James Gandolfini also appear in this film.

Overall, it wasn't as I remembered it. I remembered it to be a lot longer and a lot more suspenseful. It was still a good movie, just not as good as I remembered it to be.

I rented this movie because we were learning about foreign policy in class. (It didn't teach me anything, it just was a dramatization of what we were learning about. ) I can tell you that it was interesting to see it in action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home