Critic's Corner

Monday, October 25, 2004

The Grudge

I should have known.

Absolutely the biggest mistake I made regarding this movie was thinking I could enjoy a viewing of it on opening night. The theater was pretty crowded, but there were still seats available. People wouldn't STFU and I was REALLY getting upset. Then some nasty stinky mf'er took off his shoes and I was ready to clear OUT! It was DEBILITATING! Kids were screaming and parents were telling their kids to be quiet- OKAY! QUESTIONS:

Why the HELL would you bring your kids to a rated R horror movie when the critics say it's VERY SCARY?!?! Have you NO scruples? A: Nobody wants to hear your kids. B: You NEED to see the movie opening night so badly that you're willing to drag along your 7 year old??

And let me just reiterate- films are NOT interactive. If you scream "Don't open the door", please know that they WILL open the door EVERY TIME!!

Other than that- The movie was very creepy. I would like to see it again without all of the distractions. I guess I've seen one too many David Lynch films for it to really affect me, but it was pretty good. Once again, they gave away too many of the good parts in the trailer, but it was worth the trip. I'll just have to remember to take that trip in the 4th or 5th week after the release, or bring earplugs and a gas mask next time.

2 Comments:

  • Hmmm, reminds me. When was Silence of The Lambs released? Like 92/93, right? My mother drug me with her to see that. MULTIPLE TIMES!!!!
    I was 7 or 8 in 1992. That's not a movie you take a kid to see.

    By Blogger ..., at 11:18 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Persona, at 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home