Critic's Corner

Monday, October 25, 2004

Salem's Lot and Cujo

Halloween is on it's way- only 6 days left!! So to celebrate, we watched Salem's Lot and Cujo this weekend!

Salem's Lot- How the hell long is that movie anyway?!? Good god... It was very campy cheesy 1970's vampire film. It was very long and creepy, and I can see how a child might find it scary. The blue guy was WEIRD-O-RAMA and the vampire scenes were really bad... but what do you want? It's the 1970's.

Still, Stephen King has produced many creepy stories, and this one was creepy but disappointing. I'm sure the book is much better.

Cujo- ET's Dee Wallace gets trapped in her Pinto by the infamous rabid dog. It's a really great concept, and an okay movie. There was far too much drama going on in her marriage for my liking, but I guess that's the way King wrote it. Overall, it was an okay movie, but not as scary as Rachel on Friends makes it out to be.

1 Comments:

  • I'm a big fan of King and his movie adaptations and grew up on stuff like Cujo and Salem's Lot, so I'm a bit biased towards those... But yeah, the book is much better.

    I'd also recommend the Salem's Lot made this year, with Rob Lowe. It's a TV miniseries (as was the 70s one), so it's about as long as that one. But still I thought it was a hell of a good time!
    -chris g

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home