Critic's Corner

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The United States of Leland

Of COURSE I had to watch this movie! Kevin Spacey is in it.

Shame he couldn't salvage it. What a boring movie. With an amazing cast... but so poor! Jena Malone, Don Cheadle, Sherilyn Fenn, Kevin Spacey, Kimberly Williams... what a total shame.

Leland falls in love with a herion addict (Malone) and when she breaks his heart, he stabs her retarded brother. The family is devastated and their lives fall apart. When Leland goes to juvie, his counselor (Cheadle)tries to get to know him so that he can write a book about him, only to be told that he can't write it without the permission of Leland's dad (Spacey).

If I lost you with the description of the movie, just imagine how lost I was watching it. I completely missed the part where Leland makes out with Sherilyn Fenn because I was SO bored that I couldn't keep my eyes open.

How sad. And I love Spacey so.

1 Comments:

  • dude, Jena Malone and Sherilyn Fenn are in this movie? That's like my dream threesome...

    By Blogger Chris, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home